Ukrainian Support Program
Due to the invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Army on February 24, 2022, millions of Ukrainians have become displaced and have fled for their safety. On April 21, 2022, the U.S. government created Uniting for Ukraine (U4U), a program that provides a pathway for Ukrainians to seek refuge in the United States and stay temporarily in a two-year period of parole.
The U4U program is a sponsorship visa, meaning Ukrainian seeking to come to the United States through this program must be sponsored by someone in the United States. Once approved, they have a Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolee (UHP) status. Individuals who have UHP status are eligible for benefits similar to refugees and are eligible for a 90-day case management program.
The Philadelphia-region's four resettlement agencies have worked collaboratively to provide support to these individuals arriving to the Philadelphia region: NSC, Bethany Christian Services (BCS), and Catholic Social Services (CSS), and HIAS PA.
Philadelphia-region Newcomer Hotline
- Ukrainians coming to the area can contact us for additional support and get referred to one of three case management programs at NSC, BCS, and CSS.
- Access the Philadelphia-region Newcomer Hotline at (215) 608-1966
- Clients in the Ukrainian Support Program (USP) receive case management supports for a period of 90 days.
- While enrolled in the program, clients receive support applying to public benefits, employment authorization applications, school enrollment, health care navigation, connections to other relevant services, and referrals to other support programs.
- Our program administers an individual approach to each case, setting individualized service plan goals that enable self-sufficiency and independence.
- The USP program provides a series of workshops to clients in partnership with Philadelphia’s network of resettlement agencies.
- Workshop topics include: Social Adjustment and Stress Management, Cultural Orientation, Know your Rights, Childcare in the United States, Education, Budgeting and Finances, Public Transportation
- We provide assistance to clients in instances of sponsorship breakdown, due to exploitation and other emergent scenarios through emergency housing and other supports.
Eligibility: Ukrainians with UHP status who arrived through the U4U sponsorship visa or through the Southern Border who are residing in the greater Philadelphia region.