In addition to case management, legal services, and employment services, NSC has initiatives and programs that address our clients' basic needs, like fans and air-conditioners, food access, and winter coats.
- NSC's Food Pantry serves about 80-120 families every week, and about 400 individuals every month.
- 70,000-85,000 pounds of food are distributed through the Pantry annually to clients facing food insecurity.
- In 2022, with the help of community members and One Warm Coat, NSC provided clients over 600 new coats.
- Food Access Program:
- NSC clients who meet federal income requirements for food assistance (185 percent of the federal poverty level) can be referred to our Food Pantry.
- Food Access Clients can visit once a week and choose from an assortment of dry goods and fresh produce provided by Philabundance.
- Clients can also receive diapers on a weekly basis, hygiene items on a monthly basis, and covid safety supplies.
- We are focused on providing culturally important food items for our clients.
- Everything is provided to clients at no cost to them.
- Check out the Donate Goods page to learn more about our in-kind donation program.
- Community Sponsorship
- Read more about what becoming a Community Sponsor entails, and please fill out the form.