Mental Health Interpreter Training
This training will prepare professional interpreters for mental health therapy assignments and will cover the following topics:
- Role of Interpreter in mental health setting
- Vicarious trauma, self-care, and supervision
- Interpreter skills and modes
- Basic concepts of mental health terminology
- Interpreter values, ethics and advocacy
- Individual/ Small Organization (1-49 staff) : $200 per person
- Medium Organization (50-100 staff): $250 per person
- Large Organization (100+ staff): $300 per person
- If registering 5 or more staff, please contact Gwen Soffer (email@example.com) for discount
Alternate Payment Method for Individuals Only (Not Agencies)
Attend training for $100 and provide 6 hours of interpretation to NSC through our Interpreter Pool.
Contact Moumena Saradar for more details firstname.lastname@example.org
Moumena Saradar, originally from Syria, is the Manager of Wellness at NSC and is a professional Medical Arabic Interpreter. In 2019 she served as a peer liaison assisting with special activities, field trips, and events for the Arabic-speaking community. She contracted with several language services agencies providing Legal and Medical Arabic interpretation in Philadelphia. Moumena mentored Arabic Session Phone Conferences with medical interpretation students at the Culture Advantage supporting learners by providing interpreter experiences and promoting patient-provider encounters. Moumena holds an associate degree in Laboratory Sciences MLT-AD from the Medical Health Institute in Damascus and is a bachelor’s in health science student at the University of the People and is currently enrolled in a master’s level family therapy training program.