We've been waiting for the signing of a very troublesome Executive Order which addresses major changes and reductions in the U.S. Refugee Resettlement Program. In the interim, let's do all that we can to communicate directly to the President in order to make the case for empathy and reason for our extraordinary clients.
In order to help now, please do two things today:
1. Tweet @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS:
@realDonaldTrump & @POTUS Don't stop welcoming refugees. Resettlement demonstrates the best of our values #RefugeesWelcome #nobannowall
2. Send the White House a Facebook message at Facebook.com/WhiteHouse AND submit an electronic message at whitehouse.gov/contact:
President Trump, we are hearing that you will stop refugee resettlement based on someone's nationality or religion. I STRONGLY oppose a policy change that would deny access to refugees. I urge you to allow the U.S. refugee program to continue to resettle refugees that need our protection regardless of where they come from. Thank you for your leadership in ensuring the U.S. remains a beacon of hope for all those who are persecuted that seek peace, safety and freedom.
Other things you can do:
1. Keep urging people to sign this petition.
2. Tag NSC on Facebook so we can see and share your posts!
3. Share this fresh CNN story of the first Syrian family in Vermont.
4. Watch and share these videos from USCRI: AJ, Chan, Alex