Youth Career Readiness Program (YCRP)
The Youth Career Readiness Program (YCRP) serves 16-24 year olds in Philadelphia who are not currently enrolled in school. The program aims to provide youth with a career pathway in a specific industry or to support youth in entering post-secondary schooling.
English Language Instruction:
- YCRP assists refugee and immigrant youth in Philadelphia who are English Language Learners.
- Participants are enrolled in English language courses with one-on-one tutoring to build the necessary English skills either to enroll in an industry-recognized credential training or to attend post-secondary school. Participants may also be referred to external ESL providers if needed.
- YCRP is not a one size fits all program, it is designed for the individual participant. Curriculum is developed specific to the individual in order to assist them with accomplishing their goals within the program.
Light Case Management:
- Participants are provided case management services to ensure their success within the program.
Financial Supportive Services and Incentives:
- YCRP aims to eliminate barriers to employment and post-secondary schooling through supportive services and incentives. Participants who are actively engaged in programming are eligible to receive financial support for housing assistance, transportation, and more.