Get Involved: Internships, Volunteers and Supporters
NSC provides case management, support, information and advocacy to newly arrived refugees, asylees, asylum-seekers, as well as victims of trafficking, victims of crime and survivors of torture. Our goal is to help clients achieve self-sufficiency. Volunteers, interns and supporters play an integral role in making our work successful. We host graduate and undergraduate interns, short and long term volunteers and one-time and periodic supporters including groups.
NSC has a variety of opportunities within the following categories:
• Direct Client Support: case management, client advocacy, outreach, client accompaniment
• Operational Support: donation and home set up, grants, communications, administrative support, special events
• ESL Instruction: class instruction, 1-1 in-home tutoring, digital literacy
• *Special Opportunity*: Click here to assist with contactless home set-ups for incoming refugee families
Applicants will be able to indicate category preference on the application link listed below.
- Complete the online application and upload your resume by clicking here. You are being directed to another site to complete the application, please allow a few minutes to load.
- After 1-3 weeks, applicants identified as a strong match will be invited to interview.
- After the interview, applicants will be notified of the decision within 2 weeks.
- All accepted interns will be required to provide a valid Criminal Record Check (https://epatch.state.pa.us/ ) as well as Child Abuse Clearance (https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS/Public/Home) before the first day of service.
- If you have further questions, or if there are any issues with the online application, please email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Interested in engaging with NSC on a research project? Please complete the attached application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.