Health Access Program
We help NSC clients overcome barriers to quality healthcare, including language access, and access to health insurance.
- Our team consists of culturally aware and trauma-informed members.
- We serve immigrants, refugees, victims of human trafficking, and asylum seekers.
- In 2020 and 2021, we completed 1182 appointments, despite the challenges of the covid-19 pandemic.
- The Health Access Program (HAP) connects clients to primary care through close partnerships with local clinics, selected specifically for their ability to serve linguistically and culturally diverse groups.
- As a Certified Application Counselor site, NSC provides enrollment assistance in Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act Marketplace to eligible clients.
- NSC hosts health fairs and on-site health screenings.
- The New Eyes program provides free eye glasses to eligible patients referred through HAP.
- We connect clients to free dental services at Penn Dental, which has been critical since most health insurance does not cover major dental procedures.
- We escort and accompany refugees and immigrants to their initial health screenings and medical appointments.
- NSC provides language interpretation services to our clients, smoothing communication with medical providers.