How You Can Help
Are you ready to get involved at NSC and help us make a difference in the lives of refugees and immigrants in the Philadelphia area? Check out the links to the right to get started!
Other Ways You Can Help
1. Call your Congressional representatives to let them know that you support the U.S. Refugee Resettlement Program and have concerns about current and impending Executive Orders that target immigrants and refugees. You can even organize a mass calling campaign with your friends and coworkers!
- Sen. Bob Casey (D) - (215) 405-9660, (202) 224-6324
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R) - (215) 241-1090, (202) 224-4254
- Rep. Dwight Evans (D - Philadelphia 2nd District) - (215) 276-0340, (202) 225-4001
- Rep. Brendan Boyle (D - Philadelphia 13th District) - (215) 335-3355, (202) 225-6111
- Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon (D-PA) – (202) 225-2011 | @RepMGS
- Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-PA) – (202) 225-2065 | @GReschenthaler
- Rep. Madeleine Dean (D-PA) – (202) 225-4731 | @RepDean
2. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Like and share our posts to help get the word out!
3. Stay hyper-local. Pay attention and respond to local developments in immigration-related issues.
4. Become a corporate partner. Contact Tiffany Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how your company can provide jobs for refugees.
5. Volunteer to teach ESL classes. Volunteers are required to commit to a full ten-week session and to teaching two days per week (Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday). Classes meet from either 9:30am-12:00pm, or 6:30pm-9:00pm. Apply online at https://nscphila.org/tesol.
6. Start your own fundraiser! Contact Alison Hansen-Decelles at email@example.com to learn more.
7. Provide gift cards (ie: grocery stores, Target, WalMart) to help refugees already in Philadelphia make ends meet on a limited income.
8. Donate items to help set up a refugee's first home in Philadelphia. Visit our Amazon Wishlist to see what's currently needed. When donating via Amazon, please be sure to click "Add a Gift Receipt" (located next to the item on the "Place Order" page) and provide your name and address so we can thank you!